Sunday, April 17, 2016

17 April 2016 - "An environment of order and discipline"


The Mission
"... when a missionary is placed in a mission environment of order and discipline where all that is done is in harmony with the Spirit, the missionary experiences a great transformation. The heavens open. Powers are showered out. Mysteries are revealed. Habits are improved. Sanctification begins.... Missions are are for missionaries."
-W.R. Bradford


........Usted me dijo hace unas semanas que yo y Elder B necesitamos seguir trabajando diligentemente y encontraremos éxito; solo necesitamos esperar. Me da mucho gusto decir que mis ultimas dos semanas, empezamos a tener un buen de éxito. Ayunamos como un distrito para encontrar más personas y tener más nuevas fechas. Durante las ultimas dos semanas hemos tenido 22 nuevos investigadores, 3 nuevas fechas, y un bautismo. Tengo un testimonio más grande del ayuno y de la diligencia. Espero que sepa que estoy muy agradecido por cada cosa que usted, Hermana Egbert, y todos los asistentes en las oficinas hacen para nosotros. Muchas gracias Presidente por la oportunidad de trabajar con Elder M.... Se que vamos a ver milagros!

Elder J



"Lord...where shall we work, today?"
___________________

........Mi ultima semana en X fue la mejor semana. Me sentí por fin 100% in unison con mi compañera. Y me sentí que la obra allí esta progresando un buen. Me di cuenta que hice todo lo posible en ese área. Estoy feliz porque me animó usted mucho después la capacitación. El día miércoles, hicimos casi todo que nos dijo. Fuimos a la casa, trajimos nuestra lista de miembros y presidente, usted es correcto! Tal vez no encontramos los miembros o las personas estábamos buscando, pero encontramos nuevas! Y gracias a la lista estuvimos en partes que no conocemos la gente. Gracias a la lista, hay mucha potencial en X..... Aprendí un buen en ese área. Aprendí el arrepentimiento sincero. Aprendí la paciencia. Aprendí que no soy perfecto pero Jesucristo es. Sabía antes que Él es perfecto pero mi testimonio creció más. Nosotros cumplimos 40 lecciones también. Sé que usted Presidente tiene la revelación y sabe como ayudarnos tener más éxito. Gracias por todo. De verdad no hay palabras. Nos ayuda. Nos anima. Nos ama. Gracias gracias gracias.....
Herman C
____________________

"No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, and disciplined."
- Henry Emerson Fosdick








 Elder Gamez finishing his last cycle like a "champion"....
He was so grateful for Elder England as his companion.

Hola Presidente,

Fue una semana excelente. 6 en la capilla con fecha! Conferencia General! y un compañero que esta animado! Que mas puedo pedir. El señor me esta dando mas bendiciones que merezco. Las estoy disfrutando tanto. Voy a hacer todo en mi alcance a ser un merecedor de todo esto.

Tenemos 2 bautismos seguros para este fin de semana. Elder ______ esta bien animado a terminar con estos logros. No puedo creer que ya pasó otro ciclo. Es interesante que aun con mi compañero dificil he aprendido mucho y siento mas humilde que nunca. Que bendicion ha sido este tiempo que hemos gastado juntos. 

Seguimos animados a seguir. Con muchas bendiciones, investigadores, y posible exito, hay mucha responsabilidad. Planeo dar mi mejor esfuerzo para que cada uno de los investigadores que tenemos pueda convertirse en un grandes siervos del señor. 

Estos esfuerzos valen la pena. Un converso de mi primer area sale en la mision este mes. Nunca pensé que pude hacer tanto en la vida de los demas. 

Me siento gozoso y contento y sobre todo bendecido.

-Elder E



 ___________________
Monday transfers...
11 April 2016
9:00 am
Via bus- taxi- and combi's





 Good bye brother...



 Photo bomb by Hermana Tobey!



 .... and we are off!


 Hermana Johnson and her first transfers.... CRAZY DAY!
_____________________________

......me encanta mas que realmente eh visto como el espiritu hase de su parte cuando yo ago la mia esta semana nos ah ido muy bien eh podido ver que al habrir nuestra boca muchos ya estan alli solo esperando que les invitemos esta semana fueron 3 nuevas investigadoras ah hoy les veremos solo dos aseptaron fecha baustimal y estan progresando muy bien estoy feliz de estar trabajando en la obra del señor me encantan ahora los desafios son parte de progreso para mi en lo personal eh visto como el orar y leer escrituras me ah nutrido espiritualmente mucho estoy agradesida por que en esta capasitacion aprendi mucho y al hacer ese canbio eh visto como nos dicen que si ah sido bien padre gracias por su enseñanza......
Hermana S

#8 New Incoming Missionaries-
Greeted by assistants Elder Hayes and Elder Child

Introductions, breakfast, devotional and first interviews.
10:30-12:00 pm



 Elder Meschini (previous assistant) - Elder Hayes

Elder Child (new assistant), Elder Meschini, Elder Hayes


NEW MISSIONARIES AND THEIR TRAINERS








___________________

......quiero compartirle algo que paso el fin de semana de echo en mi antigua area pues la semana pasada estabamos preocupados por que durante la semana no habiamos tenido ningun investigador y bueno eso nos preocupaba muchisimo asi que el sabado el ultimo dia de la semana dijimos hoy vamos a tener 3 nuevos investigadores y a lo largo del dia los buscamos pero seguimaos sin tener nada pero en la tarde hubo una hora en la que dijimos esta es la hora ahora los vamos a encontrar y los encontramos!!! no se imagina que felicidad teniamos y esos 3 investigadores son muy buenos y eso fue el sabado.
el domingo sabiamos que habria cambios y yo sentia que me iba a ir y de echo lo sentia fuertemente pero no queria aceptarlo pero eh oido que cuando hay cambios los misioneros no trabajan y no tienen lecciones ni nada ese dia por que se la pasan despidiendose pero yo decidi que hibamos a trabajar y empezamos con lo que nos preocupaba los nuevos investigadores asi que empezamos a buscar y mas que nada acreer que hibamos a encontrarlos y sii los encontramos tocamos puertas contactamos referencias y buscamos contactos y encontramos 6 nuevos en 2 horas y media puede creerlo???.....
Hermana R
____________________

Monday 11 April 2016
Outgoing BBQ- Devotional
1:30 - 7:00 pm


Resultado de imagen para quotes about goodbye



Elder Messervy, Elder Sanchez, Elder Gamez, Elder Garza, Hrmn Gonzales, 
Hrmn Chozo, Hrmn Luna, Hrmn Melendez, Hrmn Lam, Hrmn Louis, Hrmn Beltran, Hrmn Guzman, Hrmn Alfualo, Hrmn Snyder

Good byes are not forever
Good byes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you,
Until we meet again.


 Yep... everyone needs to take these two tablets in the morning on an empty stomach.
"De-Worming Medication"

 Next.... etch your missionary ID name badge in this hymn book with a colored pencil

 Next.... make sure you have the packet with your name on the front.


 "This little white paper is your taxi voucher to the bus station to catch the bus to the airport. Please notice the time the taxi will pick you up tomorrow. Please be ready."



 "This is actually happening.... we are going home!" ahhhhh......
 Elder Sanchez (right) was so sick all night long with his companion Elder Johnson.
I doubt they will be eating raw hot-dogs before bed anytime soon....
Another companionship delivered Elder Johnson's new companion to him as they tried to recover during the first part of the day. 
Needless to say he didn't eat BBQ in the mission home. 


 Good thing Elder Child has one good arm that still works....



____________________

....esta semana tenemos 3 investigadores de los cuales estábamos un poco desanimada porque nuestros investigadores estaban cayeron y en una lección en la iglesia una persona pregunto por nosotras y les dijeron que esperara y que nos localizarían y estábamos en la capilla y cuando lo vimos estaba llorando y dijo que se acordó que cuando le contactamos le dijimos que la capilla siempre estaba abierta para el y que ahí estaríamos esperándole y nos pidió que hiciéramos una oración fue un milagro que sabemos que cuando somos obedientes el señor nos bendice el se llama angel hernandez y pues estamos poniendo en practica lo que dijo para contactar y tenemos muchos contactos le amamos y esperemos que siempre nos pueda seguir instruyéndonos....
Hermana G
_____________________





 "Sure going to miss that smile and giggle"






 "Did I mention how much we love her laugh?"










"... durante este servicio he aprendido mucho, conocido a muchas personas y lo mas importante he reconocido muchos de mis errores con la ayuda de mis compañeros, nunca creí que fuera a terminar tan pronto... y ahora estamos aquí a punto de terminar.
cada experiencia buena y mala me a ayudado a poder reconocer mi potencial y se que al vivir de acuerdo a el nosotros podemos realizar todas las cosas que sean convenientes a dios, el no pensar en el tiempo ayuda mucho a mantener tu mente estable y enfocada en las cosas que son importantes.... he aprendido que la restauración es la cosa mas importante que puede cambiar las vidas de las personas porque trae el sacerdocio y cada una de las dependencias de el a la tierra y el conocimiento de que alguien ya pago por las cosas que traen sentimientos opuestos a la felicidad, se que el nos ama y que cada experiencia nos ayudara por la eternidad, he aprendido a amar a las personas y lo mas importante SE QUE ES VERDAD A TRAVÉS DE LA REVELACIÓN."

ELDER SANCHEZ  














This is my the last time I will write you as "Hermana Snyder"...

What to say, what to say.

When I arrived in Mexico a year and a half ago, I was pretty excited. I thought I was pretty big stuff, having learned "lots" of Spanish and having had a great MTC experience. I'd always been pretty good at what I had done in the past - high school, college, etc. I always liked to win and be the best. I had a testimony of the Church and I was ready to serve.

I got here, I met you, and then I arrived in Huauchinango after a 4-hour bus ride; it was cold and rainy. It was a great first day and we saw miracles. But my second day in the mission field was pretty humbling. I remember we were eating at a member's house and everything just felt so strange. We had to go outside to use the bathroom and "flush" with a bucket, they didn't have running water, their "house" was one room with two beds, a fridge, and a stove. I didn't understand a word, they gave us something strange to eat, and I didn't even like tortillas. I started to cry and cry and I didn't know what I was doing in this foreign country so far from home.

As the days went on, I kept crying. But after about a month I realized that I would live and decided to start working. My trainer loved me and helped me by making me feel understood, even though we kept working hard and didn't waste a second. We saw great success and I started to understand why I was here.

The companions came and went, and I did too. I arrived in Actopan and then in Tecnologico and now here in Villas. The mission has been filled with ups and downs. Lots of tears and worry and repentance and change. It's also been filled with joy and happiness, peace that comes from the Holy Ghost. It's been the hardest, strangest, realest, best experience of my life.

I remember in my first interview I told you, "President, you don't have to worry about me. I know that this is true." But now, I can say to you with all the security of my heart and all the force I can muster: President, you don't have to worry about me. I leave different than I came. I now know. I really know! I feel like the blinders have been taken off and I can see a whole new world, a whole different perspective. I have been changed by the the habilitating power of the Atonement. I have seen His hand, felt His strength. The Holy Spirit has been my guide. My Father in Heaven has been my help.

I love this work. I am so grateful. Of all the greatest things that have happened and all the miracles I have seen in these 18 months, the greatest and most meaningful has been the change in me. Thank you for being the mission president and person and dad you've been for me. I can't express in words all that you've done and the example you've been and the impact you've had in my life, you and Sister Egbert. I love you.

Now I must leave this safe bubble that is the mission and go off into the real world. I'm sad and happy and nervous and excited. But I have no fear. As Elder Holland taught me yesterday, "The fact of the matter is that none of us wants tomorrow, or the day after that, to destroy the wonderful feelings we've had this weekend (or these 18 months). We want to hold fast to the spiritual impressions we've had and the inspiring teachings we have heard. But it's inevitable that after heavenly moments in our lives, we have necessity to return to earth so to speak, where sometimes less-than-ideal circumstances face us... Please don't be cast down in spirit and give up. Please, please remember tomorrow and all the days after that, that the Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for commandments, and try to keep them, who cherish Christlike virtues, and strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep going. I we give our heart to God, if we love the Lord Jesus Christ, if we do the best we can to live the Gospel, then tomorrow and every other day is ultimately going to be magnificent. So keep loving, keep trying, keep trusting, keep believing, keep growing; heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."

So here's to tomorrow and all the tomorrows after that! With the Savior by our side, we will always be victorious.

With so, so much love,
Your daughter and friend and sister in Christ,

Hermana Snyder



















".... my purpose was Mosiah 18:8-9, 21. I wanted to help people not feel alone, that someone understands exactly our pains, sufferings, sicknesses, all of it! And I've felt this and seen this more in the mission than any other place. Not gonna lie, my testimony was weak before the mission but through the rejections, the hardships of mission life, companions, food, diarrhea, etc. I've grown so much to love this Gospel and the people of Mexico. Its through all the tender mercies of everyday life that my love for my Heavenly Father has grown, especially in the Book of Mormon. I know that book without a doubt in my heart is true. And through much fasting and praying I not only came to know its truthfulness but that Joseph Smith also was a prophet called of God to restore His church and that church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I testify that Thomas S. Monson is Gods prophet. I know that my Savior lives and atoned for my sins. I know that God is my loving Heavenly Father who knows my name and loves me and loves EVERYONE (thank goodness I'm not God cause I dont have that much love) no matter what theyve done. The atonement is real because I've been saved by it and the power of prayer is so real that ive seen tons of answers to my prayers. I invite all like Moroni to really read and meditate to know if the Book of Mormon is true and ask God if its real cause I know He will answer and I know its true. This is my testimony and I bear it for all of the world. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."  
Hrmn Afulao 









President Egbert's final recommendations
regarding the transition home.








_________________

Hola Presidente como esta? Bien esta semana fue de mucho aprendizaje en verdad la capacitacion me ayudo mucho porque comprendi la importancia de la obediencia con exactitud y pues lo he tratado de poner en practica cada dia y me encanta porque en verdad notar la diferencia cuando hago todas las cosas con exactitud me siento con menos temor y me siento mas segura y eso me permite que el espiritu pueda estar conmigo en verdad me siento muy feliz porque tambien puedo sentir esa capacidad que Dios nos da de poder amar a las personas es algo inexplicable que aun sin conocerles perfectamente logremos amarles con un amor autentico, me encanta aprender y estoy decidida a dar todo de mi por ayudar a mi padre a encontrar a esas ovejas perdidas que se han descarriado.... Se que soy un instrumento en sus manos y me esfuerzo para poder ser un instrumento util para el se sin ninguna duda que este es el camino, que este evangelio pueda cambiar vidas!! En especial la nuestra y que bendicion mas grande que podamos ayudar a cambiar las vidas de los demas! Presidente gracias por su sabiduria por su ayuda porque me inspira a no dudar.....A obedecer a mi Padre y cumplir cada precepto!...
Hermana A
___________________
Thursday 14 April 2016
10:00- 12:30 pm
New Missionary/Trainer Orientation

What a great looking bunch of missionaries!
Now that they have had a few days to let the dust settle and unpack their suitcases... they are ready to digest this mission specific training.

Apologies for not having more photos as I arrived in time for my part and to bring the donuts/juice (most important part- not going to lie) - I was busy helping with a special transfer because of an ill missionary.
President remarked that the leadership did an excellent job in their training where they split off in two groups and then with Hermana Sanchez (finances)  and President Egbert together covering the finances topic. 
Sorry no pictures of all of that part.



 Elder Child- Elder Hayes (President's Assistants)

These 4 help in making it all come together...

Hermana Martinez- Hermana Davis (Senior Sister Leader Trainers)


 Come on projector.... you can do it!

 Bike safety video with the introduction by President Nelson



......al estar caminando por la calle con elder B, sentí la impresión de hablarle a una persona, la contacte y ella no quería nada, pero me dijo sabe conozco a alguien que si le puede interesar, y le dije donde viven y ella nos dijo yo los llevo, nos llevo y encontramos a 3 nuevos investigadores, que se ven muy buenos, la verdad me sentí tan feliz, y como usted dijo el hacer contactos eficaces cambia la perspectiva de todo, me encanto hacer contactos como ese y me esforzare por seguir haciéndolo!!! quiza mi carta sea muy corta pero en verdad solo quería contarle esa experiencia de contactos efiacaces!!! gracias por estar al pendiente de mi y gracios por todo lo que hace le amooo y en verdad gracias
 LE AMO PRESIDENTE ELDER U






 I love this activity between new missionaries and their trainers.

 They aren't too crazy of kids!

__________________

.....la semana pasada cuando íbamos a ala capacitación a bosques en el autobús que viaja vamos estaban sentados atrás dos jóvenes que parecían delincuentes la primera vez que los vi pensé que tal vez nos asaltarían después le dije a mi compañera que teníamos que contactar me pare y hable con el del autobús contactamos y mientras hablaba con una señora sentí la impresión de hablar con ellos así que termine con ella y fui a contactarlos el joven se sorprendió mucho y acepto que lo visitaran los misioneros me pregunto en que creen y le compartí mi testimonio yo pensé en ese momento que aun las personas que no pensamos que están listas ya lo están se que todos merecen conocer de este mensaje y pues ahora me siento animada por poder enseñar a otros aquí....
Hermana S
___________________
Photo Gallery


What a privilege to meet up with the Returned Hermana Mylenek who is now a married woman to a great young man whom she met in her last area while serving in the mission. They are living in the Tecamac II Zone area and doing great! She travels a lot with him through the country of Mexico as his company contracts with the Church. She is doing school online through BYUI and in the process of helping her husband open another business. What a little power couple they are- we are so proud of her!


 Villas Barrio Missionaries prior to transfers.

 Good bye "Big" Santiago house....
We closed 6 houses this cycle.

 We are women of "grit and determination". One bike was still in the bike shop being worked on. This was our first Monday together as companions, but we did our grocery shopping, and picked up our laundry with one bike! 
BAM!!! Nothing going to slow us down....


 The members through the mission treat our missionaries which such love and care!


 Remember when?


 We are grateful for the members that feed the missionaries daily. It's no small task...

 The sister in the middle posted this picture on FB of these two missionaries who had been serving in her ward. We have the stinkin' best missionaries ever!!!

 These two new companions met me Friday morning out by their gate for blanket exchange. I love their smiles... they will be a great duo!




 Morning workout's are getting a little creative.
Boxes of Books of Mormon are not light!

 Bubble wrap! Thanks Mom and Dad for the new bicycle helmet!

___________________
Returning Home...




 Returning to the temple right after her arrival home was a top priority!
So proud of our missionaries and their focused, dedicated, and disciplined efforts.
Hrmn Guzman with her darling Mom who was so excited to have her daughter home.


Dear Sister Egbert,

Janine and I ( Elder Ferguson's parents- on the right) went to Somerset Pennsylvania today to attend the homecoming of Sister Kelsey Snyder. She is everything that every missionary should aspire to be. She exuded the love of our Heavenly Father and taught with power and joy -- a true messenger. She told us that "Mision Mexico Pachuca" is an environment in which the missionaries want to obey for love.  

Thank you again for giving so much. I thought you might enjoy these pics. 

With appreciation and love,


Dwight and Janine Ferguson 

"What a special email to get this Sunday night- President and I so appreciate the many parents that make such an effort, as the Ferguson's, to support other missionaries who have served. Hugs from Pachuca..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment