Sunday, November 22, 2015

22 November 2015 -" Zone Conferences Signed, Sealed and Delivered"

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something,  you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results".
Kenneth Blanchard


Nothing warms my heart more than driving alone down a dark street in Pachuca on a Saturday night and seeing one of our amazing missionaries on splits with the BISHOP of his ward! IMPRESSED.... Thank you Bishop for your time and effort in moving the work forward. 


____________

.....Esta semana he visto realmente la razón porque estamos poniendo tanta énfasis en la enseñanza de los recién conversos. Conocimos a una familia menos activa y nos dimos cuenta de que no saben ni las cosas básicas del evangelio. ¡Sabían menos que muchos de nuestros investigadores! Los misioneros efectivamente les enseñaron (a lo mejor incompletamente), les bautizaron, y les dejaron. Ni reconocieron el nombre de José Smith cuando enseñamos la Restauración. No creo que tengo que decir esto, pero no quiero que eso jamás pase con ninguno de los conversos que tenemos. Entonces, estoy con usted en la gran necesidad de seguir enseñando nuestros recién conversos.....
Elder G
_____________________

It's obvious how hard some of these companions
are working in their areas... they are having great success! So proud of them...



 This area in Montes were nothing happened for a lonnnnng time has seen amazing success in the last 3 1/2 cycles. They have baptized 14 new converts. All credit due to our Heavenly Father, but also to hard working obedient missionaries who have obligated the Lord to bless them- 
which includes Elder Vique, Elder Perez, Elder Park, and Elder Hall! 





Our sister missionaries are the CUTEST in the World but most of them are the most dedicated, obedient, and sincere missionaries you will ever find!
______________________

Nothing shows "love" like a support system
_______________________________
Hola presidente,

This week was a great week in the mission. I was able to baptized two people a mom and her son. It was a blessing because I could remember when I was baptized. I got really emotional when the family came up to me and said thank you. I really didn't know what to say back. But I know that I wasn't the one to thank. It was Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ because they are the ones that helped them come to the truth. I wasn't, I was just a tool in the lords hand and I will continue to try and be a tool in the lords hands because it is the greatest feeling in the world. The mission is hard sometimes but it is times like this that make the mission worth it in the end. The ward here is so great and they absolutely love the missions. Always asking need anything, come by my house if you need something. It is so great to have that support and love to back us up. I have learned so so much about myself and life in just these few weeks. The language is a struggle still but I am working hard every day to understand or try to understand the people. It is like you said it will take a couple of months to figure out but I am sure that I will get it. It is little by little everyday and I can see that the lord is helping me to learn what I need to learn in one day. I was able to work with our district leader on Wednesday. It was great and I learned so many things that I am trying to apply into how I do my missionary work. I love how we as missionaries are so close but haven't really even known each other for that long. I think it is because of the work we do but also because we have a special spirit with us. Thank you for that opportunity. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. It was a blessing. The work is so great and we are working hard every day. I still have a hard time knowing where I am more then half the time but I think I will get it. Also I am having a hard time knowing what to really say in lessons because I go out of preach my gospel and then adapt it into my own words. Thank you so much for everything that you do. Thanks for all the love and support. See you tomorrow at zone conference. Thanks!!!
Elder A
_____________________________

Mondays
 are a day full of "special"  interviews, office meetings and today language exams. 
12 Missionaries took their FINAL English Exam.
We are so proud of them!



 A donut with sprinkles makes for better test taking!





_________________________________
Dear President :

I´m very happy for the conference, I was learn for the Studies, I love scripture (I don´t remember how write) and I love the service.

Esta semana estuvo muy bonita, la verdad que hemos podido mejorar en muchos aspectos gracias a la purificación, esta obra es tan maravillosa, amo el evangelio y me pone triste que a veces las personas no aceptan aún cuando lo enseñamos claramente, pero he visto como el señor pone los medios para todo, siempre y cuando seamos obedientes, ayer Querido Padre leí un poco en mi estudio personal acerca de la expiación, y la verdad no pude dejar de llorar pues estoy tan agracedida, por todo lo que Jesucristo hizo por nosotros, cuanto amor tiene, amé la escritura " Mas no ruego solamente por éstos, sino también por los que han de creer en mí por la palabra de ellos"; comencé a llorar y vino a mi mente un pensamiento, hay escogidos, si, yo lo sé hay muchos que Nuestro Padre celestial ha escogido para que los encontremos y les enseñemos, y tenemos tanta responsabilidad, a veces siento que no entendemos cúan importante es esta obra; me sentí tan agradecida por estar aquí, por tener el privilegio de conocer el Evangelio pero no solo eso, si no de compartirlo, amo esta obra. Gracias Querido Padre por invitarnos y ayudarnos a enfocar nuestras mentes y nuestras misiones en Él, a quién representamos, quien ha hecho todo para la salvación del género humano. Yo sé que Él es mi salvador, Jesús es el Cristo.
Le amo mucho Presidente y estoy muy agradecida por cada carta que nos manda.

con mucho Cariño La Hermana C
____________________________

Tuesday 17 November 2015
Zone Conference in Tepa
Tezontepec Zone and Valle Del Mezquital Zone

Theme: Doctrine of Christ

One missionary leads the group in reciting DC: 4 or recites it by themselves and bares a brief testimony on this chapter.

Mini talks are prepared by each missionary from 2 Nephi 31
President randomly picks 5-6 missionaries to give a 2-3 minute talk
If they have been serving in the mission one year they prepare their talk in English -
 if they are a native Spanish speaker.
 And ALL English speakers always prepare their talks in Spanish. 

Zone Leaders: Taught from pg 171 of PMG
 "Find when you teach - and teach when you find"

Elder/Hermana Hernandez: Baptismal Forms/Referrals

Hermana Egbert: The Apostle Peter (Yep in SPANISH... oh my!)

President Egbert:
"What is the Culture of our Mission?"
"What is the Culture of YOUR Mission Service?"
The Doctrine of Christ
The Atonement: Justice- Mercy

Snack: Granola Bar- Gatorade- Little Penguins (hostess cupcake -kinda)

5 min activity after snack break:
Divided up into groups of 5-6 missionaries according to districts making sure sisters were in each group. Each district leader had a cake pan or a cookie sheet with a paper turned over. At the start of the timer (2 minutes) they turned the paper over and had to find as many of the 30 items listed on the paper- of things that they had with them. They couldn't take or borrow from other groups. At the end of two minutes each district leader counted the number of collected items in the cake pan and reported back. The winning group shared some small chocolate candies.

Then we sang "Called to Serve" in English to bring the reverence back to the meeting and we finished up the rest of zone conference.

Conference time started at 8:45 with zone pictures and ended at 1:00 pm.
Everyone headed  back to their areas shaking President Egbert/Hermana Egberts hand as they left the church  property.

We LOVE Zone Conference Time!

 (Missing two sister missionaries who were late arriving)
















































This week was much better! I have felt so much peace this week, and have had so many moments of feeling the Spirit very strongly. I feel more like I'm really here now, and I kind of understand what's going on around me, and I know some of the people and am more familiar with the area.
One amazing thing from this week is that we found Lucero and Luz Adriana (mother and daughter). They were referrals from the activity, and we contacted them on Sunday night of last week. We've visited them several times since then, and we've gotten so close now. I love them so much! We did splits on Saturday night with members because we had many people to visit, and I went to teach Lucero and Luz. I was kind of scared because I didn't want to teach a lesson without my companion, because she always helps me when I can't understand (which is a lot) or when they can't understand my Spanish. But it went so well, and the Spirit was there, definitely helping me out with understanding. And I invited them to baptism on 12 December, and they accepted! It was one of my happiest moments ever in my life because I really really love them and want them to have those blessings. Lucero is still not completely sure because she has been Catholic for her whole life, and is afraid of changing everything after just one week learning, but she said if she gets an answer to her prayers then she'll get baptized. And they also came to church yesterday and said they liked it! I just feel different about them, and I really hope they continue growing their faith and follow through.
I still don't understand a lot of what people say, just the gist of it, but I'm not freaking out as much anymore from feeling alone and unable to express it. My Spanish is progressing, and I feel more like I can actually be a part of conversations.
I also love how everyone here is so nice! Occasionally we contact people who aren't as kind or patient, but in general everyone is super nice! I wish America was like that.
Hermana A is doing well. I really like how she constantly serves people. Especially washing people's dishes. They'll tell her not to worry about it but she always finds a way to make them let us wash the dishes. And then they listen to our message!
Sincerely,

Hermana M
_____________________





_______________________
Hola Presidente!

We had a lot of progress with our investigators thanks to the members. During the conference, one thing that stood out to me was the standards of excellence, specifically the amount of lessons with a member present. We have had a lot of trouble lately following this standard, so I decided to change it. After eating with a member, I invited her to accompany us to the lesson with a investigator family. This family has had a hard time deciding on a date to get married. They had decided to be married next year. During the lesson, the member started to teach them the importance of marriage and families in the style of Jeffrey R. Holland. . . with enough fire to singe their eyebrows. She was telling them how the salvation of their children and them were at stake and how important families are for their salvation. After the lesson the investigators were pretty upset and we had thought we had lost them, but the next day they asked us what day we wanted them to get married and when they could get baptized. They were completely changed. They were asking about when they could attend the temple, if they could go on a mission and when, and telling us some interesting things that people think we believe in (they said that some people believe the angel moroni on the top of the temples is the diety we worship).

I love seeing the Lord bringing people to the church. It is amazing at some of the changes that have occurred with the investigators. One of the recent converts was telling us how she was completely different from before receiving the lessons. I doubt that a 19 and a 21 year old young men could not do anything like that without a lot of help from above.
I hope that your week is going great.
Sincerely,
Elder S
____________________________________

SNACK AND BATHROOM BREAK TIME
and then 
"CALLED TO SERVE" in English.








 President reading a few of the anonymous responses
 of "The Culture of Our Mission Is..."































_________________________
(Be Impressed- This is the letter of a Native Spanish Speaker!)

Hi President,
I want to thank you for the Zone Conference, it was a great opportunity to learn and remember about the Doctrine of Christ, it made me think and meditate about my conversion and my progress to reach my potential and I want to tell you that sometimes I'm afraid and I doubt that I can do it because of all my weaknesses. I think that it is the most important thing in my purification, remove some negative thoughts from my mind especially about things that don't depend on me haha I've learned from you that I don't have to be afraid about things that don't depend on me :) but I have to do my best in the things that depend on me and I can do! for example this week after your help with the ward council we worked with the Relief Society President, she invited us to visit one of her 5 names. This sister had attended 3 times and she needed our help because she was struggling with the Book of Mormon so we taught her about the Index and she was happy because now she can study better the scriptures. Also she told us that she want to invite her daughter and granddaughters to attend church and we have an appointment to teach them. It's incredible that the first time we worked with the ward leaders we found new opportunities to teach families.
I know that this experience will help the other leaders to join with us in this effort to work as The Lord taught. It is my goal, help them to make a change in this ward because I know that it is the way they can receive the blessings promised to them who work with The Lord.

Thank you for your help and your conviction about this work and about all the promises made by God, you has blessed me a lot!
With love, your son
_____________________

Wednesday District Meetings
Divide and Conquer
Hermana Egbert in Teotihuacan District from Tecamac II
Excellent Class!












___________________________
Querido Presidente Egbert
Esta a sido una semana de arduo trabajo , grandes pruebas y desafíos es decir tuvimos una semana llena de bendiciones!!!
Me encanta la manera en que el señor trabaja , yo sabia que abrían pruebas pero no había comprendido como esas pruebas me iban a bendecir, ahora tengo un firme testimonio que el trabajo realmente trae grandes bendiciones y esa es la manera en que e señor trabaja , si somos fieles seremos cargados con gavillas.
el señor no desea que seamos turbados , no desea que estemos desanimados ni tampoco que suframos, y si lo sabemos guardaremos sus mandamientos , y yo que esa es la doctrina de Cristo que nos amemos los unos a los otros eso sgnifica trabajar para nuestros semejantes , y yo que el salvador dio el ejemplo en todas las cosas que demos hacer para llegar a ser aun como el es, el entender esto me a traído paz a mi corazón y mas humildad, y cada día a su servicio el desea darnos mas.
Elder H sigue aprendiendo dia a dia por....eso me motiva a rtrabajar mas hay situaciones que no podemos cntrolar pero si podemos controlar nuestra actitud y nuestro trabajo, y yo se que eso nostraera grandes bendciones!, estoy muy animado por escucharle el dia de mañana, yo se que sera algo muy edificante!
con cariño Elder V
____________________________________

President Egbert in the Palmar District from Pachuca Mex Zone
Elder J Hernandez - District Leader

Zone Leaders were also visiting this district class.
And then a Special Interview afterwards...




____________________
Thursday 19 November 2015
Zone Conference in Pachuca Centro
Tulancingo Zone and Pachuca Centro Zone

Theme: Doctrine of Christ

One missionary leads the group in reciting DC: 4 or recites it by themselves and bares a brief testimony on this chapter.

Mini talks are prepared by each missionary from 2 Nephi 31
President randomly picks 5-6 missionaries to give a 2-3 minute talk
If they have been serving in the mission one year they prepare their talk in English -
 if they are a native Spanish speaker.
 And ALL English speakers always prepare their talks in Spanish. 

Zone Leaders: Taught from pg 171 of PMG
 "Find when you teach - and teach when you find"

Elder/Hermana Hernandez: Baptismal Forms/Referrals

Hermana Egbert: The Apostle Peter- (Yep in Spanish... barely)

President Egbert:
"What is the Culture of our Mission?"
"What is the Culture of YOUR Mission Service?"
The Doctrine of Christ
The Atonement: Justice- Mercy

Snack: Granola Bar- Gatorade- Little Penguins (hostess cupcake -kinda)

5 min activity after snack break:
Divided up into groups of 5-6 missionaries according to districts making sure sisters were in each group. Each district leader had a cake pan or a cookie sheet with a paper turned over. At the start of the timer (2 minutes) they turned the paper over and had to find as many of the 30 items listed on the paper- of things that they had with them. They couldn't take or borrow from other groups. At the end of two minutes each district leader counted the number of collected items in the cake pan and reported back. The winning group shared some small chocolate candies.

Then we sang "Called to Serve" in English to bring the reverence back to the meeting and we finished up the rest of zone conference.

Conference time today started at 9:45 with zone pictures and ended at 2:00 pm.
Everyone headed  back to their areas shaking President-Hermana Egbert's hand as they leave the church property.

We LOVE Zone Conference Time!-

 (Missing 2 Elders who were late arriving)















......President something that I loved about this area, this transfer and everything is the testimony I had obtained of obedience. I know know that if we continue to obey everyday, the results will come. My companion has been really helpful. I really love her and her desire to serve and love those who are in this part of the field.

President, I am really having a good experience with the missionary purification; I know I did it before, but this time is different. I have this list of things that I need to improve and as I read it every night before going to sleep, I ask Heavenly Father for strength and help so I may continue increasing my spiritual confidence as I strive in this path of purification. Thanks for everything President, see you next Thursday.

Hna. B












_____________________


......Pues el miércoles la clase fue muy bien y fue lindo a ver Elder M otra vez. Las Hermanas nos mostró sus planeamiento de todos sus mas que 60 referencias! Esta bien loco que ellas son el opuesto del resto de la misión en el espeto de referencias. No quieren pedir referencias, no porque siempre no lo dan, pero porque siempre lo dan! Me dijo ayer en la noche que hicieron divisiones para contactar referencias, y en lugar de bajar en numero de referencias, subieron! Cada referencia que contactan reciban mas referencias. Pero siguen preguntando y siguen recibiéndolos. Espero que todas las Hermanas están tratando a emular a su área. Imagina si toda la misión recibía referencias como las hermanas....

Elder J
_____________________





















































________________________________

Photo Gallery







 Zone Activity in Pachuca Sur

 "Just sayin' I don't think this blindfold is working!"
____________________

"Tell me this didn't take place INSIDE the Church"




 "Mission Completed- Fun had by all and relationships strengthened!"

 Love my little "Mexicano Missionaries!"

 Happy 1 Month in the Mission!



 This little heaven on earth....




Today (Sunday) spent visiting the Apan Branch...
What great Elders- though they look like they are 12 !

No comments:

Post a Comment