Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Missionaries Letter July 28th 2013

A Missionaries Testimony

Weekly each missionary writes President Egbert a letter which is sent via email on the Church's IMOS system. Almost daily in the early morning President Egbert rides his stationary bike for an hour with his I-Pad propped up on the handle bars and he reads letter after letter. I walk/run on the treadmill in the corner of the room with my headphones on and I often get a glimpse of emotion as he reads these letters with tears running down his face... I know many are too personal to share. I asked President if there was one I could share this week- with permission from this Elder and his name omitted I share this simple yet heartfelt testimony to give you a glimpse of the amazing young men we have the opportunity to work with here in the Mexico Pachuca Mission. 

Hey President, I had a special week this week and I would like to share a part of what I wrote to my family in your letter ...here it is.

"This week has been one to remember. We have not been having great success here but I can feel that soon the Lord will bless us with good work. I had an experience that changed my life, words can not describe the feelings that I felt and the Love that I feel. I have found love for my family so much here in Mexico. I don't know much about what the pioneers went through, and I don't know what it takes to be a General Authority, I definitely don't know Spanish, and I don't know how to write Emails. But let me tell you what I do know. And what I know with all the love in my heart. I know that we have a Father in heaven who loves us. I know that he knows us individually and wants us to be happy. I know this because I can feel his love for me everyday. He is here for me. HE knows me. He wants what's best for me and my future family. I am so blessed with this knowledge. I will do all that I can to let people know of his love for them. We are part of such a wonderful Gospel. Tho only Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. "For god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son." Count your many blessings, and continue to be part of a chosen people. Thank you for your prayers, your support, and most importantly your love." love Elder...

So this week went rather quickly- We had three days of interviews with different zones and worked on administrative things the other days. Yesterday, with the help of the secretaries/assistants, we found a possible home to rent to help house all the missionaries coming in and going out. We can get 20 bunk beds delivered and they will fit easily in this home. It has I think 4 bathrooms, so doable. We will know more on Monday if its an option and paperwork approved. I hope you enjoy some of the picture collages below that highlight our wonderful young men. Our thought for the day yesterday was "Your beliefs don't make you a better person; your behavior does."  

Tecamac II Zone- "Kick Ball on P-Day"

  Pachuca Mx Zone
 Pictures submitted by Elder Garcia

 The Elders checking out the local sites of Pyramids, cows, and cactus's
 Tulancingo Zone- Service Project
 Pictures submitted by Elder Ortega

Tecamac I Zone- Interviews on Tuesday- "Sugar-cookie Day"


Tecamac II Zone-Thursday Interviews
 "Banana Bars were a HIT, but I owe them Sugar Cookies!" 
Tulancingo Zone- "Seriously-where did these guys come from?"

Tulancigo Zone- Friday Interviews- A perfect group to wrap up the week.

"Don't worry Intermountain-Dixie Regional, I'm documenting my
nursing hours while I'm gone! These missionaries are giving me
lots of practice..."



"Sister Egbert are your sure this big of a needle is necessary? 
... and...
It needs to go where? "

3 comments:

  1. Such an amazing letter of faith....I love these updates. You are simply the best Hermana Egbert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with T!! I enjoy reading each of these updates! I miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I think my first comment was lost in cyberspace.

    Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, I am touched by each post and love following from a distance.

    If anyone can bake enough to fatten up some missionaries you can. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete